Applying for a permanent skilled migration visa
There are two options in this visa category
- Skilled Independent Visa Subclass189
- Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
The Process for applying for a 189 or 190 visa is:
- achieve the pass mark set for the skilled migration points test – currently set at 60 for these visas
- lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect
- upon invitation lodge your application within 60 days
- be between 18 and 45 years of age
- pass a skills assessment for an occupation listed on the relevant skilled occupation list
- meet English language and health and character requirements
To apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 you will need to be nominated by a State or Territory as a suitable candidate for an occupation listed on the Skilled Occupations List .
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa Subclass 491 is a 4-year temporary visa for people who are prepared to live and work in regional areas. All of the previous criteria apply to this visa.
However, it is also possible to be sponsored by a relative who lives in the regional area where you are applying.
Talk to our team about support for applying for these visas including:
- meeting tight application deadlines
- arranging bridging visas if you’re already in Australia
- including family members in your application
Skilled immigration can be complex and stressful – we’re here to help.