Australian migration business owners or investors
Australia offers a range of visa options for business owners or investors and their senior managerial employees. You may be eligible to apply under different business migration categories.
During your Business Migration consult, we will discuss visa categories available and select the most suitable option for you and the business.
Your personal Business Migration Case Manager will:
- arrange essential State or Territory Government sponsorship or nomination to validate and expedite your application
- help to collect and collate all supporting documents including health and character information
- liaise with your accountants and financial advisors
- ensure your application is completed and lodged according to Australian professional and immigration standards
- liaise with the Department of Immigration and all other relevant Government agencies on your behalf
Applying from outside Australia
Overseas Business Sponsorship Employer (Temporary Skill Shortage visa (Subclass 482)
The 482 Visa Program is primarily utilised by Australian Businesses or Overseas Businesses who intend to conduct business in Australia and require representatives, directors or employees to migrate to Australia. The Program structured through a business applying to become a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS).
You can use the 482 visa to setup your own company from overseas and migrate to Australia based on a branch in Australia, or establish a new business in Australia and migrate in order to develop that business.
The Department of Immigration can assess your business registration documents in your home country and issue immigration approval there. This means your directors or employees and their family members can obtain a temporary visa with minimal conditions.
Once in Australia you have the option to:
- setup a branch
- purchase or operate an existing business
- establish a new business
Once your Australian business is established, you can apply for permanent residence via the Subclass 186 visa.
I would like to extend my deepest thank you for all the help, especially to Ms. Cecilia Costa, she’s done a very good job in everything… I hope to contact you again in next 2 years… Thank you and well done.Ruth Dominico
Temporary Business Visa Categories
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188) (Part of the Business Innovation and Investment Program)
This visa is for people who wish to own and manage a new or existing business in Australia, or to invest in Australia.
You must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government before being invited to apply for this visa.
The visa includes four streams:
- Business Innovation stream: for people with business skills who want to establish, develop and manage a new or existing business in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
- Investor stream: for people who want to make a designated investment of at least AUD1.5million in an Australian state or territory and maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by a state or territory government.
- Significant Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD5million into complying significant investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants can be nominated by a state or territory government or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
- Premium Investor stream: for people who are willing to invest at least AUD15million into complying premium investments in Australia and want to maintain business and investment activity in Australia. Applicants must be nominated by Austrade on behalf of the Australian government.
Holding this visa is the first stage before becoming eligible to qualify for a Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888). You can apply for permanent residence, once you have proved that you meet the minimum criteria for business investment or turnover.
I am beyond grateful as I know it was a complicated and last minute case and I deeply appreciate all the work and long hours you have invested into making this dream become true for me.Sina
Permanent Business Visa Categories
Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888)
This visa allows you to:
- continue to own and manage a business in Australia (the Business Innovation stream)
- continue business and investment activity in Australia (the Investor stream, the Significant Investor stream and the Premium Investor stream).
Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
This visa allows you to establish a new or develop an existing business in Australia. It has two streams:
- Significant Business History stream: for high-calibre business owners or part-owners who want to do business in Australia
- Venture Capital Entrepreneur stream: for people who have sourced venture capital funding from a member of the Australian Venture Capital Association Limited (AVCAL).
Identifying your best business migration options can be complex and confusing.
Do you qualify? We’ve got the answer.
I would like to thank all the Home Migration team for working hard on my case and doing things promptly and professionally. I also have to thank your staff for coping with my anxiety and desperation, you have been very professional by not promising anything unreal but also giving all the support for the success of the process.Lenoardo